Karenna Armington, LICSW
About Karenna Armington
While my education and work has its foundation in psychodynamic and systems therapy, I have extensive training and experience in short-term, strengths-based and solution-focused modalities. My work is guided by the following principles:
- You already possess the seeds of everything you need.
- You are the expert and hold the answers about you within you.
- Psychotherapy is often about building or restoring one’s inner compass.
- Psychotherapy is about finding a way to move through life that is fulfilling, meaningful, and satisfying.
- I strive to balance the use of listening, compassion, and support with actively offering ideas and strategies to consider.
- Since each client’s needs are unique, I do not have a one-size-fits-all approach. Our work is tailored to fit your individual concerns, preferences and goals.
- While acknowledging the influence of the past can be helpful, I believe that counseling must also focus on building strategies for moving forward.
- In addition to helping you reach your treatment goals, I will help you with personal and interpersonal tools that will continue to be useful to you long after you have left my office.
Psychotherapy with me is often challenging, frequently lighthearted, and always supportive. If you are willing to make the commitment to changing, I can help you make the change.
SpecialtiesAnxiety, Coping Skills, Depression
Age Group FocusAdults
Treatment ApproachesAttachment-based, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Culturally Sensitive, Eclectic, Existential, Integrative, Interpersonal, Mindfulness-based (MBCT), Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
IssuesAnger Management, Coping Skills, Divorce, Life Coaching, Marital / Premarital, Parenting, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Transgender, Women’s Issues