Dr.Claude Shema, MD,Msc,PsyD-c
About Dr.Claude Shema
With background in general tropical medicine, and postgraduate studies in clinical psychology and later on in clinical psychiatry (Wales,United Kingdom), and many years of clinical practice in mental health, plus post graduate studies in psychosocial interventions (Vermont, USA), Dr.Claude has been involved in:
- Providing mental health services and psychosocial interventions,
- Clinical counselling
- psychiatry and other related clinical interventions for more than 20 years.
His experience also includes multiple field experiences in more than 20 countries for the aftermath medical interventions/expertise and psychosocial interventions in war-torn places/countries.
Dr. Claude also served a variety of ethnic background, including:
- African Americans/Canadians
- Indigenous populations
- LGBTQ population
- Males & Females, children, adolescents and adults, war veterans ( Wounded warriors), refugees and internally displaced population.
Dr.Claude's expertise also includes consultation in psychiatry:
- Conduct disorder ( assessment and treatment)
- Antisocial personality disorder ( assessment and treatment)
- Major Depressive Disorders resistant to medication ( assessment and advanced treatment with rTMS-Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy).
- Post-traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD)
- Dual diagnosis.
However, all of the above is just about the background, but caring and compassion is embodied in Dr.Claude’s daily practice.
“People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care”.
SpecialtiesCareer Counseling, Life Coaching, Trauma / PTSD
Age Group FocusChildren, Adolescents, Adults, Seniors
Treatment ApproachesCoaching, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), EMDR, Integrative, Interpersonal, Motivational Interviewing, Narrative, Psychoanalytic, Psychodynamic, Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
IssuesAnger Management, Antisocial Personality, Anxiety, Behavior Issues, Career Counseling, Child or Adolescent, Codependency, Coping Skills, Depression, Divorce, Dual Diagnosis, Family Conflict, Goal Setting, Grief, Immigration Issues, Life Coaching, Medication Management, Obesity, Oppositional Defiance, Parenting, Racial Identity, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Sports Performance, Weight Loss