Joseph Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
About Joseph Sanok
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC is a licensed professional counselor (LPC), a limited licensed psychologist (LLP) and a nationally certified counselor (NCC) and owner of Mental Wellness Counseling.
- Bachelors of Arts (2000): Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University. Double major in psychology and comparative religion. Honors College Thesis: Psychological Approaches to Teaching Ethics at the Primary Level
- Masters of Arts (2004): Double Masters degrees in Counseling Psychology and Community Counseling
- Licensed professional counselor (LPC), a limited licensed psychologist (LLP) and a nationally certified counselor (NCC)
- 14 years of experience with youth, families, and couples
- Certified Common Sense Parenting© Instructor
- Certified Trauma Response and Grief Counselor through the AACC
Joe is a native of Traverse City. He utilizes numerous approaches when doing therapy with families, couples, and individuals. He has over 10 years of experience working with at-risk youth in a variety of residential and out-patient settings. He is a frequent speaker on the use of experiential approaches within the context of therapy and was a regular contributor on the “Mary in the Morning” show. As well, he is the therapist for the Traverse City therapeutic sailing program SAIL and started The Muster Project. Joe believes that counseling should be meaningful, exciting, and focused. He teaches the Common Sense Parenting program and is a certified Trauma Response and Grief Counselor.
Click here to read more about Joe’s story and counseling philosophy.
Joe conducts therapy with families, couples, individuals, and groups. Joe also trains other clinicians through LLPC supervision and his website about counseling private practice www.PracticeofthePractice.com. You can follow him on Twitter, @JosephSanok, for counseling tips.
SpecialtiesCareer Counseling, Marital / Premarital, Parenting
Age Group FocusAdults
Treatment ApproachesCognitive Behavioral (CBT), Family / Marital
IssuesAnxiety, Career Counseling, Divorce, Family Conflict, Grief, Leadership, Life Coaching, Marital / Premarital, Relationship Issues