Sophie Elatri, MPsych
About Sophie Elatri
I am a qualified psychologist with a specialisation in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). I offer treatment, in the form of therapy, for issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, chronic pain, addiction. I also see people who are struggling to deal with life crises, or adjust to life’s demands. I also provide coaching in order to reach a specific goal or simply to get to know yourself better.
I can help you with:
- An ongoing mental health issue that’s stopping you from getting what you want in life (for example: anxiety, depression).
- Managing your workload effectively and increase performance. We work on fighting procrastination, tackling issues of self-esteem and confidence, learn effective time-management and organisation skills, develop positive habits (and break bad ones), increase will-power, focus on success, address issues of perfectionism.
- Getting a hold on addictions, whether it be to drugs and alcohol, smoking, food, sugar cravings, internet, shopping.
- Breaking out of negative self-image in order to go forward in life.
- Finding the motivation to change.
- Developing positive relationships. I can teach you how to be more assertive and actually ask people what you want in a positive way.
- Communicating more effectively.
- Support during a tough period in life.
Where a specific disorder is the reason you seek therapy, our therapeutic goals will be to:
- Alleviate symptoms quickly.
- Gain autonomy, recover lost freedoms, detach yourself from toxic relationships.
- Gain the necessary skills to deal with relapse, without having to come back for sessions.
- Obtain long-lasting results and life-long changes through a better understanding of how you function as an individual.
Where supportive therapy is involved, our therapeutic goals will be to:
- Alleviate uncomfortable and paralysing feelings.
- Gain skills in adaptive ways of coping.
- Obtain support from me for however long you choose.
- Obtain life-long changes through a better understanding of how you function as an individual.
SpecialtiesAnger Management, Anxiety, Life Coaching
Age Group FocusAdults
Treatment ApproachesAcceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Art Therapy, Coaching, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Culturally Sensitive, Emotionally Focused, Existential, Mindfulness-based (MBCT), Multicultural, Narrative, Psychological Testing and Evaluation
IssuesAddiction, Anger Management, Anxiety, Chronic Pain, Coping Skills, Depression, Drug Abuse, Eating Disorders, Goal Setting, Grief, Immigration Issues, Infidelity, Internet Addiction, Introversion, Life Coaching, Obesity, OCD, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Sleep or Insomnia, Smoking Cessation, Video Game Addiction, Weight Loss, Women’s Issues